Friday, April 25, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 25, 2014

Tonight was a beautiful night to be out and about. It was warm and clear and there were lots of people but nobody was being stupid. Just what I wanted for the evening. And as an added bonus, I got to have dinner with my beautiful bride.

While some folks get this privilege every night, for me it's a treat because of the shift that I work. Coupled with the long hours her job is demanding of her lately and we're a tired pair when we're off. So, when I get the chance to see her when I'm working, I take it because it's a rarity for us.

This one is for you Baby. I love you.

No Comparison

Rivers and valleys and mountains and streams
The wind in my eyes. Warm sun on my face
There's nothing like her in any of your dreams
That can even come close to taking her place

She challenges my mind and she makes me so glad
I kiss her hello no matter when we meet
She'll hold me close and console me when sad
Her love for me is what makes me complete

At the end of the day, or in the cool early morn
I know that I love her with all of my heart
She makes my heart happy and I'm never forlorn
We're together forever; never apart

You make me better Baby, without a doubt
My love for you from the mountaintops I'll shout

No comments:

Post a Comment