Wednesday, April 9, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 9, 2014

It was supposed to be a hectic couple of days off. There were floors to be completed, and dog medicine to administer. So far, I've accomplished the medicine. The flooring is another issue and frankly it's a bit bothersome. A professional operation should know where their customers products are when their trucks leave so that things that are scheduled can be taken care of. But alas, it's not that way in the real world. So instead of waiting for workmen to leave, I am doing my usual day off routine. And that's fine with me.

Same Old Same

Hectic and harried on my hallowed days off
Aren't what I wanted. Wearily I wrested myself out of bed
Dutifully dealt with dog and dog doo
I sat silently on sofa. 

Time ticked away as we waited
Passed out pup and people papa
Both bothered that breaking day was barely beginning
Stretching and straining; sure they would start soon

Looking longingly out living room window
Hoping against hope to hurry house workers
Setting to some simple tasks
Moving most of the mess out of the way

Deciding that dog was in need of dosing
I took bottle of brownish bad time in hand
With a wipe and a wisp
The medicine made it mess in her ear

Laundry lay lazily in baskets 
Laughing at my lack of motivation
Steeling myself so soiled clothes wouldn't win
Into washer with them while we waited

Finally, feeling forgotten phone calls were made
Seems someone set our stuff aside
It was out but out of range
Causing cancellation

Required rescheduling was done
Clothing cleaned, creased and classified
Dog dosed and dog biscuited
Day off. Drifting away as normal again

No comments:

Post a Comment