Saturday, April 19, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 19, 2014

Despite it being a Saturday afternoon/evening and the weather being fairly nice the day was pretty mellow. We stopped a couple of folks from a known drug house but overall it was uneventful. It makes for little inspiration for work, but I did see some dogs playing and that always makes me smile.

Pups On Parade

Seeing them prance and pounce
On the sidewalks and in the parks
Always makes me happy
Seeing the Pups on Parade

Chasing sticks and balls and toys
Slobbering and scratching
And rolling in the grass
Happy Pups on Parade

Watching them play with their people
I wish I was home with ours
To enjoy her antics as she gallops around
Our beautiful Pup on Parade

I bide my time and end my shift
Heading home to the house
With wife and dog
And hopefully see our Pup on Parade

No comments:

Post a Comment