Sunday, April 6, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 6, 2014

Almost a whole week into this and I think I'm getting the hang of it. This one will be about friends that I haven't seen in about 20 years, but will be reuniting with this summer. It's a trip that I am looking forward to very much.

...And It Feels So Good

So see these men and women again is something that 
I never thought would happen. 
Brothers and sisters in arms
From my youth. My glory days gone past

Technology keeps us connected
Up to date and in the know
With the wives and husbands and children
But thousands of real miles separate us all

Vacations could be made
For one on one meetings and reminiscing
To sit on porches or in restaurants
And laugh and remember the good time

And the bad times as well
We weren't always as wise as we are now
Then, we were young and brash
Headstrong, if not smart

But vacations are fleeting and short
Like this one will ultimately be
Only a few days to say hello
And then it's goodbye again

For who knows how long
Before we see each other in the real world
I am looking forward to seeing them all again
Even if for only a small while

No comments:

Post a Comment