Monday, April 14, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 14, 2014

While a lot of people are complaining about the weather, their jobs, etc., I am going to take a different tack. I am going to complain about...NOTHING! 

My job may be frustrating and crazy sometimes, but I have a job. There may be a list a chores and errands waiting for me on my days off (of my own making) but I have a home to go to. And a beautiful wife and dog to go home to. So while there are plenty of things for some folks to whine about, I feel pretty lucky.

Nothing To See Here, Move Along

I could complain
About the snow and cold
And the piles of paper
On at my workplace

But the truth is this
I'd be pretty bold
To not see how much
I have had to grace

My life. A job I love
And a wife who loves me
And a happy-go-lucky
Dog in our house

And though some that I know
See the worst they can see
I only know that I have
A home, dog and spouse

That I adore more than anything
Else that I have had
A bold statement sure
But it's the truth

That no matter what comes out
To make me feel sad
They are there for me always
And of that I have proof

To those who'd complain
'Bout the weather and such
And work and other things
To them I would say

Look and around you just once
And remember how much
That you have in your life
Each and every day

No comments:

Post a Comment