Thursday, April 17, 2014

National Poetry Writing Month - April 17, 2014

Today at work I walked along the beach. I know what you're thinking; a relaxing stroll near the waters edge. Listening to the whoosh of the waves as they lap at the sandy shore. The sound of birds overhead. I did hear the water and the birds and I was at the waters edge. But that was because near the water, I wasn't sinking into the sand and rocks.

The call was one that surprised me and I hoped that it wasn't true. Fortunately I was right.

You Can't Park That There

As I was in my office I heard the call

Where on Earth would we find this one?
Any chance that it was untrue would be grateful
Leaving my office, I sped to the first place I could
Knowing that my shift partner was already on his way

On my way there, he redirected me
Now I headed to a gate and a path that I was vaguely familiar with

To the sandy beach we went
Hoping that the caller was wrong
Even though we were secretly wanting to see it

Better safe than sorry, we went to a fourth sandy spot
Every pore was dumping sweat inside of my armor
And as we walked, we cursed the caller and his call
Coming to the end of the way, there was nothing
Heading up some makeshift stairs, we headed back

No comments:

Post a Comment